Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 2015 07:48:54 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to develop a wireless driver?

from Fernando:

> Adrian: I don't know, where can I search that?

> Felix: I'm not sure, I will do it, How to use NDIS? (I know the  chapter in  the handbook just  don't know how to use it)On Sep 4, 2015 9:28 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:

>From Wikipedia, I see many of the newer wireless chips don't work with NDIS.

I was unable to get Hiro H50191 to work with NDIS, though it worked with rsu in FreeBSD-current.

Also, from my observation, many of the newer wireless chips don't come with .inf and .sys files that would be used by ndisgen or ndiscvt.

I wonder how difficult it is to develop a wireless driver if there is already a driver for Linux or NetBSD.

I figure NetBSD is more closely related to FreeBSD than Linux to FreeBSD, but Linux drivers would be more abundant.

Tom