Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:36:21 +0200
From:      Tilman Linneweh <arved@arved.at>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org, Tilman Linneweh <arved@arved.at>
Subject:   Re: Minor issues of time on PPC

--Apple-Mail-3--383222872

Hi,

Am 19.07.2005 um 07:02 schrieb Garance A Drosihn:
> First, it seemed that every time the system reboots, ntpdate has
> had to correct the time.  And it's often off by minutes -- even
> if the system had just rebooted and the previous reboot had just
> corrected the time.  And if I do a 'date' immediately after a
> reboot, it does display the present time.

A friend of mine running GNU/Linux on his Mac mini has reported a
similar problem, which could be fixed by adjusting the "Tick"? value
of the kernel.

>   - locate doesn't seem to work at all, which I actually
>     have started to look into a bit.

Just FYI, the NetBSD locate compiles and works fine.

regards
tilman

--Apple-Mail-3--383222872
	name=PGP.sig
content-description: Signierter Teil der Nachricht
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-3--383222872--