Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:35:45 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CURRENT locks up

CURRENT with sources from around this afternoon GMT+2 just locks up.

Hardware is an ABIT BP6 mainboard.

System boots up normally the first time, except for the rediculous long
entropy gathering.

Anyway, rebooted the system by means of a reboot command.

And I get the following:

SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
SMP: CPU1 start_init: trying /sbin/init
apic_initialize():
	lint0: 0x00010700 lint1: 0x00010400 TPR: 0x00000010 SVR: 0x000001ff
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

And after this my system just locks up totally.  No CTRL-ALT-ESC. no
numlock reacting, no nada.
I have left the system like that for at least 15 minutes, but if I would
even need to leave it like that longer, say like the hour Warner Losch
reported, I seriously doubt the usage of all the entropy gathering and
related stuff.  Booting should be fast like it used to be.

Excuse the cranky sound, but I just have spend an afternoon being
non-productive for the things I had in store. =(

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands