Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:56:17 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.4.2 patchset 6

On (2003/12/30 20:38), Greg Lewis wrote:

> I am pleased to be able to announce 1.4.2 patchset 6.
>
> This patchset is mainly a bugfix release over 1.4.2p5, with the exception
> being the change of the default threads library for -CURRENT to be libkse
> rather than libc_r.  Some of the fixes are:

Hi Greg,

Hmmm, about using libkse...  Have you tried starting Tomcat 4.1.29 from
ports with debugging enabled, using libkse instead of libc_r?

With jdk-1.4.2p5, I start Tomcat as follows:

$ JPDA_ADDRESS=5050 \
    sudo -u www /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat4.1/bin/catalina.sh jpda start

I get the following in logs/catalina.out:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP "util.c" (Nov 12 2003), line 1194:
Unexpected error, error code = 51 (JVMDI_ERROR_NOT_MONITOR_OWNER)

Switching to libc_r (with libmap.conf) solves the problem, and I'm able
to debug into my webapps using IntelliJ IDEA.

This is on 5.2-CURRENT from 2003-12-10.

Ciao,
Sheldon.