Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:33:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bagavathykumar.m@hcl.in
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386/127710: My driver PCI probe is not called for my correspondingdevice ID and Vendor ID

In message: <68C9F31EF19DB6448F515EF294028FDEE99BCE@chn-hclt-evs05.HCLT.CORP.HCL.IN>
            "Bagavathy Kumar Mahendran  " <bagavathykumar.m@hcl.in> writes:
:
: Dear Baldwin,
:               Thanks for your support .but my pci probe function is not
: getting called for my device id and vendor id. Because pccbb driver
: already sets the device_set_desc as PCI-CardBus Bridge. So is there any
: other option for me to make my_pciprobe function to be called for my
: corresponding device id and vendor id.

That's not why your probe isn't called.  Setting a description is
standard behavior for the probe routine.  Are you sure that the device
probe routine is getting called at all for any device?  Have you tried
just leaving cbb out of the kernel?  I recently fixed the original
problem in cbb (the fact it doesn't check the bridge type too), maybe
you could try to pick up that fix as well?

Warner

: Thanks,
:
: Regards,