Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 20:37:25 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BusLogic FlashPoint LT - supported or not?

On Nov 18, grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey) wrote:
> I've just bought some components to build some machines for a customer
> of mine, and they stipulated BusLogic 946C or nothing--they want to
> run a number of OSs on this machine, including Plan 9, which doesn't
> seem to run on anything else.  I've tried booting FreeBSD 2.1.5,

That's not true!

I've seen the Plan 9 driver (it was released at least
one year ago) and it seemed a clean design, even with
support for tags.

> BSD/OS 2.2, and SCO V.3.2.5 (so-called 5.0) on the system.  FreeBSD
> finds the host adapter, and says it doesn't have a driver for it.  The

Please give the EXACT probe message. (Best from a
boot with "-v".)

> others don't find anything.  Can anybody confirm or deny that this is
> in fact not compatible?  It's not enough to have a FreeBSD driver for
> it, since they want to run other OSs as well.

The 946 is supported under FreeBSD, the Flashpoint isn't,
since Buslogic does not release the necessary information.

Regards, STefan