Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:20:49 -0500
From:      "Oscar Petoskey" <oscarp@biznet.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AMD 5x86-133

On 26 Apr 96 at 12:55, Thomas J Balfe wrote:
> A few nights ago I built an AMD based FreeBSD box that people might
> be interested in. It is based upon the Biostar MB-8433UUD
> motherboard and AMD 5x86-133 processor.

I'll second that... running 3 - Am586-133's here ... two on M-Tech
and one on Acer MB's... all have been running at 160 mhz for over a
month and all scream! They seem to bench real close to a P-100 @ 160.
(If you do  overclock... be sure it's the ADZ series chip, and good
fan/heatsink is manditory.) Love those AMD !

Cheers,
Oscar Petoskey
                         BizNet InfoSystems
Internet & WWW Advertising, Consulting, & Marketing Resources
Info@biznet.com   [Voice] 810.557.8260   [Fax] 810.557.4963
http://www.biznet.com  OR  http://www.rust.net/~oscarp