Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:41:38 +0100
From:      higgins@lexmark.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Login as root

Hello,

I have FreeBSB 2.2.2 and want to configure it to let me login as root from
another machine using TCP/IP and telnet.

I know that on many UNIX systems you have to change system files to allow
any other station apart from the console to login as root and this seems to
be the same with FreeBSD.

Can you tell me how to do this as currently it won't let me and gives a
'Login Incorrect' error message although the user name (root) and password
I specify are correct?  I can login as any other user apart from root via
telnet without a problem.

Please let me know.

Regards

Chris

Technical Services Lexmark Int, Little Marlow Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 3RQ,
England
Phone : +44 (0)1628 480640*2    Fax  : +44 (0)1628 481908
IEA = FRLV8QSW@IBMMAIL
Internet ID = HIGGINS@Lexmark.com