Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:26:47 -0700
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   partitions and 3.0

When I tried to install 3.0 using the novice option, I get what I believe
to be an error in the FDISK partition editor.  All the partitions of the
3909 MB drive I'm using are read as _double_ their actual size (e.g. a
1024000 byte partition looks like it's 2048000 bytes).  I haven't gone any
further in the installation process because I'd like to avoid wiping out
both Win95 and WinNT, which are already installed (I'm prepared for them to
be wiped out, I'd just rather avoid it).  I successfully installed 2.2.6
and 2.2.7 on this same machine without any problems at all.  Can anyone
explain this to me?

Please cc any reply, because I'm not on -questions.

	 Charon@freethought.org
http://members.home.net/tuathadedanann/

    "Do people want fire that can
          be fitted nasally?"