Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:11:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why is -stable not secure?

> Richard will be putting together (right, Richard?  ;^)  Once the
> patches have been commited, Richard and his minions will distribute
> source patches, and binaries for those who don't do sources, via
> some mechanism yet to be specified.

Well, I may frown somewhat at the idea of binaries going out unless
they're generated in a very careful fashion, but I also think that
asking people who want to track -stable to carry a src tree is a more
than reasonable prerequisite.

> Again, if you want to help, contact Richard via -stable.  If you want

Or even just contact Richard via Richard. :-) I don't think that
-stable need necessarily follow every twisty mechanation of the BETA
process if everyone is careful about announcing the end results.

						Jordan