Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 20:56:55 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "Andrew Johns" <ajohns@TurnAround.com.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Recommended laptops for FreeBSD?

At 05:35 PM 6/27/1999 , Andrew Johns wrote:
>None with the 3500, but the 7000's are pretty awesome - only prob we had
>was getting X running on the ATI Rage Pro LT - it was the LT that wasn't
>supported last time we looked.

http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.3.1/ati3.html#3
-----
The driver currently supports the SuperVGA capabilities of all ATI adapters
except some early Mach8 and Mach32 adapters that do not provide the
required functionality. This support works for monochrome, 16-colour and
256-colour video modes, if one of the following ATI graphics controller
chips is present:
Mach64 series: ... 264LT (3D Rage LT), 264LTPro (3D Rage LT Pro)
-----

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441