Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 01:23:18 -0400
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Server Stability not good anymore

To answer my own question, I think it is my ram.  Every time my backup runs,
which is coping from one drive to anouther drive, all the free ram becomes
disk cache and the system reboots, aparently having hit a bad bit of ram.
It might be something to do with something broken with the ide under high
usage, but that makes no sense because non of the disk setup has changed.
Does any one know what order dimms are used?  Is it like bank 0 is filled
before using bank 1 or does it fill them all simultanously?

Am I making sense, or am I raving like a madman?  (Either happens rarely,
usally I am in a gray area in between)

Joe Gleason
Tasam