Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:06:16 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   realplayer-10 on my FBSD-4.10

	A few days ago I got help from this list in getting an
	update of realplayer-10 working on my laptop.  The laptop
	has v5.3.  Here I'm still using 4.10 and have run into
	new problems.   realplayer-8 worked fine, BTW.

	When I type %realplay, after a few seconds the following is
	printed to stdout:

No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

	I poked around, finally found that both fontconfig and
	linux-fontconfig were installed.  I found fonts.conf in
	/usr/X11R6/etc/fonts but don't understand what needs
	to be configured.  Anybody else know what I'm doing wrong?

	(/etc/libmap.conf looks okay, I have linux_base 8 and the
	linuxpluginwrapper installed.  I'm stumped.

	thanks for any light!

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix