Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:20:03 -0700
From:      <marc@freeamp.org>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, ohashi@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp, osa@etrust.ru, multimedia@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: riva-glx (3d hardware acceleration) port

> The glx implementation has a couple of bugs too. It can't cope with
> 256x256 textures (a bug in the glx protocol code which is fixed in the
> current glx sources).

I would like to sync with the latest sources and fill the patches directory
but I have had closer looks so far only on the nvidia stuff.

Dunno anything more about glx origin than

    http://glx.on.openprojects.net/

(which is very Linux und Matrox G200 centric BTW) right now.
Will investigate tonight.

This link indicates that there is some benchmark suite available

    http://glx.on.openprojects.net/benchmarks.html

and possibly there is also a GL testsuite somewhere.

> The tnt driver also doesn't support glTexCoord4f()
> but I have a fix for that.

The packages for the RIVA 128 etc and TNT etc are the same.
For some reason they were just called riva-glx and riva_glx.

I found that the visual bugs I experience are related to fonts
handling somehow. Different font, different effects.

Regards,
Marc

P.S.

Has email submission to freebsd.org been made been more strict?

I found several emails defered in my /var/spool/mqueue
because hub.freebsd.org could not resolve my hostname
(which is not valid, as I my provider assigns IPs dynamically only and
 assigns no systemnames)

This was no problem before (I found a sendmail.cf to work around this)
since this week it is.