Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:37:16 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount_nullfs in jail?

--Apple-Mail-3--1029742692
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Apr 19, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Vlad GALU wrote:

>> Is there any way to have mount_nullfs working inside the jail?
>
>   I mount nullfs from the host, that's how I share the ports
> directory across jails.

/me too.

easiest way is to create a file /etc/fstab.jailname with the mount in
it, like this:

/n/yertle1/sources/ports /u/data/jails/lsfe/usr/ports nullfs rw 0 0

which is how I map  my ports tree mounted on the jail host via NFS
from the main server into the /usr/ports directory of the jail named
'lsfe' in this case.

I'm not sure if default jails  read the /etc/fstab.jailname files,
but ezjail's startup does, and makes for easy jail management.

--Apple-Mail-3--1029742692--