Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/39673: netsaint-plugins fails to install command.cfg

The following reply was made to PR ports/39673; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:05:25 -0400

 On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 06:18:19PM +0200, Blaz Zupan wrote:
 > > Netsaint installs etc/netsaint/commands.cfg.dist, whereas netsaint-plugins
 > > installs etc/netsaint/command.cfg.dist.  Where does netsaint-plugins install
 >
 > Oh, ok. I missed the little difference in names.
 >
 > > the plugins themselves when working with nagios?
 >
 > The plugins are always installed in /usr/local/libexec/netsaint, no matter
 > whether used with nagios or netsaint.
 >
 > > Could we test for the existence of etc/netsaint/ vs. etc/nagios/ at
 > > install time and decide where to install it that way?  I'll work on
 >
 > Sure, but what do we do at package time? We'd have to do some serious script
 > magic to make this work.

 Ok, I don't know anything about what happens at package time.
 Maybe we could have a define that builds, netsaint-plugins or
 netsaint-plugins-nagios then have a ports/net/netsaint-plugins-nagios
 ,or even nagios-plugins, with only a Makefile that defines the
 variable and builds netsaint-plugins?  Kind of like xscreensaver and
 xscreensaver-gnome?

 I'll try to spend some time on this this week if you think it's
 worthwhile.

 I have to do other things today, unfortunately.

 lambert@lambertfam.org