Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:02:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Stan Shkolnyy <stan@laurent.osgroup.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft performance (was: All this and documentation too? (was: cvs commit: src/sys/isa sio.c))

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Sorry it's taken me a while to reply to this; ironically, most of my time
> has been spent on freebsd-doc recently.
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 12:03:59PM -0500, Constantine Shkolny wrote:
> > I've come to understanding that lack of documentation is probably one of
> > the factors that keep the system healthy,
>
> I've just spent five minutes trying to phrase a reply to this that manages
> to convey my complete disagreement without resorting to profanity.

But why did you do that? My posting was more stupid than clever and I'm
sorry I posted it. I spent five minutes thinking about why people don't
document their work. Those thoughts overloaded my weak brain and I decided
that there must be some good in not documenting it and I came up with my
idea. It sounded so wonderful at that time, that I hurried to share it with
others :-) Kind people simply pressed 'D' in their pines but some cruel
souls still want to punish me :-(