Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:12:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        "Ian O'Friel" <Genius@glasgow.crosswinds.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What to do with KDE.........

These are port stubs.  In order to build and install the binaries and
libs, you need to untar all the archives.  Tehn, in the /usr/ports dir,
create directories to put the untarred archives in.  These directories are
named after the category from which the .tar files were taken.  For
instace, kde.tar, kdelibs.tar, and kdebase.tar need to be put in
/usr/ports/x11.  jpeg, imlib, and kdegraphics go in /usr/ports/graphics.
Go to the ports page off the FreeBSD homepage to find out all the right
categories.  Once you've moved all the stub dirs into the category dirs,
cd to /usr/ports/x11/kde, and type make all install clean.  This will
download all the sources, build kde, and install it.  Of course, this
requires an Internet connection.

Joe Clarke