Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 11:56:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        "Peter A. Schwenk" <pschwenk@crooow.wcupa.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: panic in FreeBSD-STABLE kernel..

On Wed, 29 May 1996, Peter A. Schwenk wrote:
> I would think that since the 6x86 is a Pentium-class CPU, it
> probably masquerades as one.  You removed i586_CPU from the
> config file.  Did you try putting it back in?

Actually, I didnt remove the i586_CPU, I removed everything BUT that...
I.e. my config is:

machine         "i386"
#cpu            "I386_CPU"
#cpu            "I486_CPU"
cpu             "I586_CPU"
ident           ICE

[...]

Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com> writes:
> use the CPU class I486_CPU -- it should be closer to that one.

The 6x86 is a '686' (it has the 686 instruction set--in theory), which
means the 586 would be the closest to it...

What effect does including various other 'cpu' classes have?

Anybody else using -STABLE on a Cyrix 6x86?

-Brandon Gillespie