Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:25:15 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Jules Gilbert <julesg@newebmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggestions wanted

Jules Gilbert wrote:
[..snip..]
> I want something I can run FreeBSD on, WITH good support for both
> "hotspot" type cards and also I expect to purchase a deal from either
> Sprint or Cingular for use with one of the service deals they offer.

Just FYI - I am using Cingular's GPRS data service with FreeBSD just
fine with a Sony-Ericsson T637 phone with bluetooth (bluetooth + ppp +
rfcomm + cingular).  They have what they call 'EDGE network' which is
supposed to be broadband speed service, however I'm still messing with
that (can't get that to work in Windows or FreeBSD yet)..

If anyone wants configs, let me know.

Eric

When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble, delegate; when in charge, ponder