Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:39:38 -0500
From:      Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   R505TS and X

Well, my shiny new Vaio R505TS has arrived, and installation of 4.3-RELEASE
was simple.  It booted off a generic USB floppy drive without any problems.

I am having trouble configuring X, though.  I installed the regular XFree
3.x distribution upon initial install, then installed XFree86 4.x via the
ports tree.

If I use XF86Setup to try to configure X, I don't get an option for the
i815 graphics chipset, only the i810, and I end up with a 320x240
resolution at 8 bpp.  I'm guessing this is because XF86Setup is more of an
XFree 3.x thing, not an XFree4 thing.

If I use XFree86 -configure to try to configure X, I end up with a black
screen that just sits there and does not respond to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

I have loaded the agp module, so it isn't that.

Ideas?

Thanks

Ben