Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      vsimoes@fleximedia.pt
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/12434: signal 11 (core dumped) on mysqld when machine is under quite heavy load

>Number:         12434
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       signal 11 (core dumped) on mysqld when machine is under quite heavy load
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've been using mysql for a long time and it used to work very
stable until lately. Recently after uprgading from
FreeBSD 3.1 to FreeBSD 3.2 mysqld started dumping core regularly with
signal 11 (segmentation violation) at moments of high load. There seems
to be no particular query that is garanteed to kills mysqld, although
>How-To-Repeat:
The specifics of usage is that mysql gets a lot of
'replace delayed' queries (up to 7-10 queries a second) on one table
while different selects are done on other tables. Till the very death mysql
performs very well, giving fast answers and taking only 1-3% of cpu
load. The death itself is instant and unpredictable.  There is nothing
left in any log files about it.
>Fix:
We worked around the problem by using a static mysqld built on 3.1.
That worked quite well.