Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:25:16 -0800
From:      Gregory Carvalho <GregoryC@stcinc.com>
To:        Dave Wells <wellsian@caffeine.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dump/restore problem

I used the restore -if /dev/nrsa0, and changed to the directory
Employment, used add *, ls showed all the files with an asterisk, then
extract, and was prompted:

You have not read any tapes yet.
Unless you know which volume your file(s) are on you should start
with the last volume and work towards the first.
Specify next volume #: 4
Mount tape volume 4
Enter ``none'' if there are no more tapes
otherwise enter tape name (default: /dev/nrsa0)

I have tried various permutations, volume 4 and 3, tape name none, CR,
and /dev/nrsa0. Subdirectory names get restored, but no files get
restored. I did not specify -h in the restore command.

Thanks for your help
Greg