Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 06:12:49 -0400
From:      Jim Brown <jpb@sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HI

* Martin Simpson <msimnerd@mad.scientist.com> [2002-09-01 03:38]:
> Hi,
>
> I have freebsd and i have totally mucked up the partitions,
> I want to reformat my hdd from the setup and i am booting from floppies as i cant boot from dos. Is there anyway i can wipe the disk & partitions and make new one completely clean?
> Thankyou
> MArtin
> --

Boot from your floppy set (you didn't say which version you are booting),
and follow the standard (or express or custom) installation options.
If you aren't sharing this disk with another OS, select just one partition for
your installation and follow all the defaults.  You should have no trouble
on the installation.

If you intend to share this disk with another OS, install it first,
selecting less than 100% of the disk for installation, then
install FreeBSD on the remaining portion of your disk.  Select the
BootEasy boot manager and you are good to go.

HTH,
jpb
===

BTW, installation is fully described in the handbook- www.freebsd.org/handbook