Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:35:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Alexander Best <arundel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Switching to [KMGTPE]i prefixes?

One difference between this patch, and the patch I came up with, was =
that I used arrays of character pointers to the names of the symbols to =
use.  This got around the problem that you have with the 'shift' you had =
to introduce to get things more or less correct.  It also made for the =
possibility of having different kinds of units in the future that =
weren't a power of 2 -1 bytes long.  It also simplified the code a =
little.

Perhaps you would consider this improvement when devising future =
patches.

Warner