Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:22:52 -0700
From:      Kian Mohageri <kian@restek.wwu.edu>
To:        Ron Tarrant <rtarrant@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP 5.1.6 Command Line Arg Gives Seg Fault

--------------enig71B78E5E7860FE8D1BBF9B64

Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated my ports tree on Sept. 7 and then built /usr/ports/lang/php5
> (version: 5.1.6). Now the command:
>
> php --version
>
> results in a segmentation fault. I wouldn't mind, but I'm working on
> building php-gtk2 from source and the configure script uses the above
> command to confirm installation of the CLI version of PHP. Rather than
> the test yielding:

Do you happen to use the php5-ldap extension?  If so, you might try
upgrading your openldap port, because I experienced segfaulting with the
php command line (5.1.6) using openldap 2.3.25.  I upgraded to
openldap-client-2.3.27 and it fixed the problem.=20

You can also try using gdb to get an idea of where/when it is seg faultin=
g.

Hope that helps.

--=20
Kian Mohageri