Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:19:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Roberts <droberts@gwis.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   merit radius unix pw auth problem

I'm attempting to set up the merit radiusd (from the ports collection) as
a backup radius server.  It's authenticating PPP sessions from the users
file just fine, however what I can't get it to do is properly log users
into their shell accounts.

We're using livingston portmasters.. the primary radius server is
livingston's and works fine.  What it should do is look through the users
file and if the username does not exist, pass the username and password
to our shell machine for a remote login session.

Any idea how this can be accomplished?

--
Dan Roberts, http://gwis.com/~droberts        Gateway to Internet Services
sysadmin/ircadmin, Strahd on DALnet IRC     for Internet access in NE Ohio