Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:44:32 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        kris@citusc.usc.edu
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, developers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Rogue -stable commits

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:13:55AM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > Syntax error on line 240 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so into server: /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so: Undefined symbol "sk_X509_NAME_value"
>
> This is why you guys are supposed to test your SSL applications when I post
> a new version of OpenSSL patches for testing. When I don't hear any complaints,
> or when I hear of only successes and it all works for me, I go ahead and
> commit.

Ahem, and I always thought that the person that wanted to make a
change was responsible for making sure it doesn't break things....
To be fair though, most testing would probably not have discovered
any problems as it's a binary compatability thing.

> Sorry it broke for you - I won't have time to look at this until January,
> so someone else will have to fix it.

A rebuild fixes the problem, so there's nothing to look at.  The only
thing that was really wrong was that there was no HEADS UP on stable -
probably too late now.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>