Date:      09 Feb 2003 12:12:01 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        soralx@cydem.zp.ua
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7 Matrox G400 OpenGL help

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 23:56, soralx@cydem.zp.ua wrote:
> > WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER, and I would recommend against
> > using it unless you need something it specifically provides.
> why?

Because it's an unsupported, beta, third party binary driver with known
bugs which are hacked around (so there are probably more that aren't
dealt with).  The features it offers aren't used by most users.  If
you're using it and experience problems, there's little that XFree86
folks can do to help you, because we can't know if it's the MGA HAL
that's causing the problem.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org