Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:00:22 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@mina.sr.hp.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in malloc/free (was: Memory leak in getservbyXXX?)

> So was "leak", which was a DBM style wrapper to malloc/free. It would
> keep track of what you'd free'd and malloc'd and warn you when you
> were screwing up. Leak was public domain, but I have no idea where to
> get it. I have a hacked copy if anyone wants want.

     "Leak" appeared in comp.sources.unix, volume 27 (circa 1994):

Subject: Volume 27 (Ends March 29, 1994)

leak            (1 part, 2 patches) quick and dirty code to find memory leaks,
efence          (1 part, 1 patch) Electric Fence, a debugging malloc() library,

Note that "efence" also appeared there.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.