Date:      1 Jun 2000 02:58:17 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -j n and -STABLE world.

Bryan Bursey <bbmail@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca> wrote:

> Sorry to follow my own message, but I'd like to confirm that I'm dealing
> with a SMP kernel on a machine that it not overclocked.

Ditto.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it happens in the single-CPU case
for me, too. -CURRENT suffers from it, too.

> The 'installworld' fails consistently in the same place.

Which is in bin/ln for me.
I couldn't reproduce it in isolation (outside of a installworld),
though.  I'm not terribly surprised about the effect.  Both ln and
rm are used for the installation of their respective targets.  Some
kind of race condition there, I guess.