Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:58:30 +0800
From:      Chris Avis <c.avis@rama.com.au>
To:        linux-embedded@waste.org, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux or FreeBSD

I have been following the discussion on embedded Linux versus
FreeBSD with some interest. Like Roger Irwin, I was not even
aware of picoBSD. Having read through the FreeBSD information
and the picoBSD site I was impressed by the level of clear and
concise documentation.

I have been using Redhat Linux for some time and will admit
that I sometimes get confused with the different variants of
Linux and the different ways things are done (e.g. Caldera).
In this respect the FreeBSD solution is extremely well
documented in the "FreeBSD Handbook".

I have been looking at experimenting with an embedded
solution and started using the Linux Router Project as a
starting point. The Embedded Linux Project looks very much
in its infancy and there is not much information present.
I basically want to run an embedded Java system.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

regards
Chris

--
                Chris Avis (c.avis@rama-tech.com)
     _--_|\     RAMA Technologies Pty Ltd, 28 Walters Drive