Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:15:22 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        matt <matt@MLINK.NET>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quotas.

> I have two questions, testing some theories with an odd problem of
> mine; A) Is it possible that quota would mishandle a 9.3 GB partition?

Can't be certain, but I have two partitions around that size (2 9Gb drives)
and it handles them fine.

> B) Is it possible that a minor/major problem with a hard drive would cause
> quota but nothing else to 'freak out'? For reference, the machine is
> FreeBSD 3.2-Stable as of August 6th, the hard drive is a 13 GB Quantum
> Fireball, IDE. (Apologies for those on the -stable list that already
> have seen this email, cross-posted to -questions after absolutly no

I'm guessing that if the actual quota data (quota.user or quota.group) got
corrupted it may make things unhappy.  It could be a recent problem in
-stable but I've seen no previous postings to that effect.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083