Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:46:59 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List Administration, was: Re: your mail

Jerry McAllister wrote:
[ ... ]
 >> I'm volunteering my time, network bandwidth,
>
> Whew.

Neighbor, for choice I try to be polite, even in the face of sarcastic comments,
false admiration, rhetorical games, and all of the other bullshit that some
people exhibit.

Most of the time, I leave it at that.

However, I sometimes wonder whether people who are trying to be impolite to me
have the background to understand what I consider a "real problem".  Most people
don't think of pain as being educational, I've learned.  Most people have the
choice of not thinking about pain at all, much less wonder whether they should
think of pain as a friend or only an old, familiar acquaintance.  Sad, hmm?

I don't mock people for being ignorant, Jerry; I envy them.

And while it may be true that I envy someone for their blind ignorance, I've
rarely found it beneficial to explain this perspective to other people.  Troy
Settle pushed hard enough to get a taste of reality rather than courtesy from
me.  Troy apparently was intelligent enough to learn from the experience.  Are
you also capable of learning behavior, Jerry?

--
-Chuck