Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:15:21 +0300
From:      "Magdalinin Kirill" <bsdforumen@hotmail.com>
To:        kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw rules for incoming passive mode ftp connections

Thanks, Kent. I added

# This is for passive mode connections
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any 1024-65535 to ${ip} 49152-65535 setup

to the rule set and it seems to work fine. Actually, 1024-65535
can be trimed because ftp clients tend to use ports from 34???
to ????? for passive mode connections. But I am short on time
to find out the actual range.

Best regards,

Kirill Magdalinin
Moscow, Russia