Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2017 22:23:51 +0200
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gptzfsboot grew a lot after skein support was added; need knob to control bloat

> On 27. jaan 2017, at 22:16, Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> On Jan 27, 2017, at 09:05, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>=20
>> I'm curious why you can't find the space for a bigger partition?
>> Almost all drives these days are partitioned with a little wasted
>> space, and that wasted space should be more than enough to cover us
>> here. Also, most drives have a swap partition that can be shrunk a
>> trivial amount to get space for this...
>=20
> Unfortunately, in my infinite wisdom (IIRC) I put the zfs partition =
before the swap partition.
>=20
> We have a similar problem at work with sys/boot unfortunately, but =
that's a side discussion for another time/place.
>=20
> Thank you for the idea though -- I'll check when I get back to work.
>=20
> -Ngie

Note the order of the partitions is not important, at least on paper =
anyhow. Of course there are preferences in sense that it does look nice =
if freebsd-boot is in front. Also, if you do have mirror setup, it is =
some work, but you can re-arrange mirror side partitioning (with usual =
cautions like having scrub done, having backup, having third disk would =
be helpful).

rgds,
toomas=