Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:20:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marius M. Rex" <marius@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   build problem

Strange,

	My build of 4.1.1-stable failed durring the build of miniperl.
According to UPDATING we don't build miniperl anymore.   (Perhaps
this is why it fails? *shrug*)I used this same source tree to update my
desktop, and it worked fine.
	Now I could simply 'make buildworld' without making perl.
(I am upgrading from 3.5-Stable to 4.1.1-Stable.  I believe they both use
version 5.005_03.) So perhaps it wouldn't hurt anything to build without
perl this time.
	But i just just curious if anyone had a better idea.  (Or perhaps
a good reason to not just stop the perl build from /etc/make.conf)  Any
suggestions/comments?

Marius M. Rex
"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is
no wiser, but an intelligent man requires only two thousand five
hundred."
                -- The Mahabharata