Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 1995 17:45:17 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-FAQ@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        postmaster@FreeBSD.org, maher@azstarnet.com
Subject:   Re: who is "Don's Flist drop"?

> Hi
>
>         I received the following message from a good frind of mine. he calls
> himself     "Don's FList drop" <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
> I am speechless.
>
> maher

My apologies to everyone on these lists - this man was supposed to be
filtered directly at the majordomo side of things but clearly
something went wrong and we're still seeing this dweeb.

For those curious at the degree of vitriol involved here, he spammed
our lists about 2 weeks ago with some question.  I asked him (nicely -
everybody gets at least one chance) in personal email to please not
send mail to every single list we have when one would do just fine.
He did not reply, which didn't particularly bother me, but then a week
later he went and did it AGAIN and that certainly did!

I sent him yet another mail asking him just what his problem was, and
he did not reply.  Another FreeBSD project member did the same and was
rewarded with a faceful of acid for it about this man's "rights to
post whatever the heck he wanted".  The project member then contacted
the man's site administrator and I'm not sure if any action was taken,
but I finally got a message from Maher saying that he wanted his "Q&A
privileges back" and I told him that he had hardly earned the
privilege coming just one week after spamming us for the second time
and he then told me, in no uncertain terms, to "fuck off."

Hardly words guaranteed to win friends and influence people,
especially when you're asking them to donate their time and energy to
solve your problem.

We will investigate whatever loophole in majordomo allowed this post
to make it onto our lists and close it.  In the meantime, I
respectfully suggest that everyone just ignore this person and maybe
he'll get the hint and go away.  It's sad that a volunteer group which
donates such significant amounts of time to helping people should have
to suffer this kind of abuse.  It makes you wonder how some people
were raised as children!

					Jordan