Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:25:22 +0200
From:      Ivan Krstic <ike@gnjilux.srk.fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distributed natd

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:27:35AM -0400, Rob Simmons wrote:
> Do share your solution for two firewalls where one will take over if the
> other fails.  I'm interested.

I mostly had hardware solutions in mind. Sites that would need multiple
firewalls are very likely to have the resources to buy a hardware solution
anyway. An example is the BIG-IP FireGuard:
http://www.f5.com/f5products/bigip/fireguard/index.html

And I'm sure Cisco has similar solutions as well.

As far as software solutions go, I didn't hear of any, but I'm not sure if
creating them is really worth the trouble. Then again, I can't say I'm not
interested.

--
Ivan Krstic - ike
" life is the road beneath my feet,