Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:12:05 +0200
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Alex Bulygin <sysop@komanda.com.ua>
Cc:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is the CD driver supposed to attach() now regardless of media?

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 01:21:41PM +0300, Alex Bulygin wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Excuse me for direct e-mail not through free-bsd-mail-list-forum
> but the next is very interesting for me
>
> On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Juergen Lock wrote:
>
> > In article <199906131005.MAA72055@yedi.iaf.nl> you write:
> > >As Andreas Braukmann wrote ...
> >
> > >Maybe the Yamaha, being a CDRW drive does not report itself as a CD after
> > >boot/SCSI bus reset? Just guessing here..
> >

> >  My Yamaha 4416S reports itself as a CD, did so with firmware 1.0f and now
> > does with 1.0g.
>
> Ive got the same model YAMAHA 4416S 1.0f and still cant find any
> information
> how to collect files for creating img file or just prepare file table
> for further burning cd. Man has only descreption about preparing cd-r
> and etc. Ive been reading cd-burning thread in free-bsd-questions but no
> results.

I don't receive -questions (too much to read already) but what you do is use
mkisofs to create the image and cdrecord to write it to disk (which can be
done as a pipe if the source can keep up).  Maybe you were only looking at
the man page for cdrecord, missing the SEE ALSO pointer to mkisofs(1)?

>  Rock Ridge format need to be created under FreeBSD of course

 Rock Ridge is mkisofs' -R option (and -r, usually).

 And if you want to select the files and options with the mouse try the
sysutils/gcombust port.  (which does a bit more than that, actually, but
see for yourself.)  Start with a dummy run (or an erasable CD) until
your sure all is well...

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>