Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:47:26 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/smurflog

> But I am the port maintainer, and I'd appreciate if you send your
> suggestions/changes to me.  There is a reason for that MAINTAINER line,
> you know. :-)

For simple changes such as this, we usually don't go thru the MAINTAINER;
Especially for "style-police" matters (which I consider this change).

For for simple ports (as opposed to more complex port Makefiles such as
Mutt, ssh, etc.) Committers often feel it w/in their capability to make
small changes.

For instance, since I'm an official mirror site of ``tin'', I find out
quicker than ache when the distfile has been updated.  So I usually
update the port for him.  However as MAINTAINER, he has final say in
build options, direction of the port, etc.

However, if you want every change to go through you that is fine also.

BTW, would you consider re-importing this into ports/security as I still
think that is where 90% of the users would expect to find it.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)