Date:      11 Feb 2003 14:44:41 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Christer Gundersen <dtun3z@online.no>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Removing GNOMENG

--=-g47RLN8094kYZQJ6UfC4

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 14:37, Christer Gundersen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 20:32, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > Okay, here is my release candidate diff for removing need for the
> > GNOMENG keyword, and adding GNOME 2 support to the new GNOME porting
> > infrastructure.  This patch applies directly to ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk,
> > and removes the need for the bsd.gnomeng.mk file. =20
> >=20
> > I'd like to commit this tomorrow if possible.  Please let me know if yo=
> > see of foresee any problems.  Thanks.
>=20
> Sorry for being a newbie-dickhead, but how could I test it? ;-)

Glad you asked.  There are multiple ways.  One, simply apply the patch
to bsd.gnome.mk, and build ports that USE_GNOME.  Ideally, you shouldn't
notice any difference.

Another way to test is to define WITH_GNOME_DESKTOP=3D2 (if you're using
GNOME 2) in /etc/make.conf, and try to build some GNOME 1 apps that use
libpanel or have USE_GNOME=3Dyes.  You should see that those ports are now
BROKEN.

You can also edit some GNOME 2 ports that explicitly list out
LIB_DEPENDS so that they use the new GNOME component names, and see that
everything still builds as expected.  For example, edit gdm2's Makefile,
remove the LIB_DEPENDS section, and add:

libgnomeui librsvg2

to the USE_GNOME line.

Joe

>=20
> btw: no need to Cc: me. I`m on the list.
--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome