Date:      Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:03:02 +0100
From:      Richard Collyer <richard@blueapex.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wheel group & mkdir

On 07/09/2011 01:19, Fbsd8 wrote:
> Thank you Beech.
> I was entering the password of the user.
> When I entered root's password the script containing mkdir worked.
>
> One remaining question. Is there any time limit on having root access?
> I mean will root access remain until the user exits?
>
> Thanks again

No, once a users SSH session times out/is closed the root provledges are
lost and you have to SU again. If they remain logged in they keep root
privlidges (sp!) until they log out.

Richard

--
Richard Collyer
Blue Apex Ltd

Registered as a company in England and Wales (Reg Number: 05982514).
Registered Address: 42 King Richards Hill, Earl Shilton, Leicester, LE9 7EY

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6442 (20110906) __________

http://www.eset.com