Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2016 11:09:55 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RCTL and VIMAGE for 11.0-RELEASE

> On 23 Jan 2016, at 06:41 , Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>>> On 24 Aug 2015, at 19:08 , Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>>=20
>>> What is preventing RCTL from being enabled right now? Any =
known/serious
>>> blockers?
>> It=E2=80=99s enabled in GENERIC.
>>> And the same for VIMAGE? I know there were issues with some =
firewalls,
>>> but I'm not sure where that stands today. Does it degrade network
>>> performance in a measurable way?
>> Ignoring performance for a second, there is more than just firewalls =
that needs to be done.  I started writing a plan for the next 4 months=20=

> yesterday.  Most of this was done a few years ago and never made it to =
HEAD.  It needs to be re-validated.  If my plan comes together we=E2=80=99=
ll have another 4 month window before the 11 release cycle will start.
>> /bz
>=20
> It's been 5 months since the above was posted. What is the status of =
VIMAGE as part of base in 11.0-RELEASE?

There is ongoing work; it was slightly delayed to the original plan.  =
Hope it all hits HEAD before early/mid March.  Expect more patches soon.

/bz=