Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:25:41 +0100
From:      Branko Lankester <branko@euro.net>
To:        "Arne " W rner "" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bktr / pinnacle pctv rave / does not show tv images

On Thursday November 6 (15:45 PST), Arne "W rner" wrote:

>The tuner says "Pinnacle Systems" (no PHILIPS; no TEMIC)... :-(( Pinnacle says
>they use a CONEXANT CN878 (but this is not the tuner; I hope this is a
>BROOKTREE 878).

You probably have the new PCTV Rave model with a Microtune tuner,
this tuner is not supported by the current bktr driver, but I have
some patches for this card.  The patches probably need some more
work, I only added support for PAL, but if you're interested, I've
put them on http://www.euronet.nl/~branko/bktr-pctv-rave.diff

Branko