Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:25:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@krsu.edu.kg>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel dies.

> > from the linux world, and there it wasn't problem at all, but in BSD
> > things are much different.. so..
> >
> > anyway, thanks for your help,...
>
> The supported procedure is to make world (userland)

could you please clarify abit, what's meant as "world" in BSD? the set of
binaries? Some other environment?

> and then build your
> new kernel, if you're upgrading to newer source.  However, if config(8)
> hasn't changed, you might be able to get away with building the kernel

hmm.. The things with kernel stuff (i.g. in what packages it's
distributed, what actions are supposed to be taken. What are
directories/files/binaries dependences etc) is still cloudy to me abit, is
there manual covering such things? I looked thro handbook and some manuals
with no much related info there.

> only.  Why would you want to, though?

well, the primary problem is : I have kernel 2.2.1 on some machine
installed, and when I recompiled kernel there to support firewalling,
machine started crashing every 15 mins blaming routed daemon in it. For
one of the solutions I was suggested to upgrade kernel there.