Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:21:43 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, doc@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docproj depends on X11 now?!?!

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:01:02PM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 10:59:51AM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > My current thinking is a slave port, ghostscript6-nox11 that eps2png can
> > depend on instead.  There are other options (a WITH_X11 variable, that
> > sort of thing) that various people on irc have suggested as well.  Not
> > being a prolific porter, I'm going to go with whatever's easiest for me
> > to implement (viz, a slave port) unless people have specific objections
> > (or they want to write the code).
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> A slave port would have the advantage to offer two different
> gs binary packages, one with and one without the requirement
> for X.

I got part way through building a slave port, then realised that it
would be much simpler just to teach the main port about the NO_X
variable.

We could still create a slave port that did nothing more than make sure
that NO_X was set first.  The attached Makefile (untested) in
print/ghostscript6-nox11, plus the patches I've just sent round, should
do the job.

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

# New ports collection makefile for:   ghostscript6-nox11
# Date created:		23 February 2001
# Whom:			nik
#
# $FreeBSD$