Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 01:52:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@shell.tbe.net>
To:        FreeBSD ISP List <FreeBSD-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NIS Woes

First of all, I would like to apoligize for cross posting this, and ask
that anyone responding do so directly as I am not on the -questions
mailing list.

Now for the problem...  Thanks for the input I recieved on my first
question about NIS, we got NIS to compile and start on the server.
However, we are having a heck of a time getting the slaves to recieve the
tables from the server.  We are trying to setup NIS with one master
server, and three slaves. For some reason ypxfrd and yppush cannot
communicate with the master server.  We've tried setting different things
in /etc/rc.conf, but we aren't sure if there are some flags or settings
that we're missing.  If anyone can give me some ideas, I appreciate the
help.

BTW, All the machines are running 2.2.2-RELEASE.

-Gary Margiotta
TBE Internet Services
http://www.tbe.net