Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:48:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, mckusick@mckusick.com, fs@FreeBSD.ORG, fanf@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Subject:   Re: UFS panic on -stable

:I wonder is the new vlrureclaim() code somehow reclaiming vnodes
:at a bad time. Maybe try setting kern.maxvnodes to some really large
:value to see if it stops the crashes, or set it very small and see
:if they occur more frequently.
:
:Matt, can you see any way that the weird/broken ufs_mknod() code
:could interact badly with vlrureclaim()?
:
:Ian

    Not that I know of, but it is worth raising kern.maxvnodes to find
    out.

    Kris, is softupdates turned on on those MFS filesystems?

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>