Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:21:04 -1000 (HST)
From:      David Langford <langfod@maui.net>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        langfod@maui.net, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with new perl and MRTG port?

Mark Murray
>David Langford wrote:
>> Any reason why @inc doenst include /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/ ?
>
>This is a feature of the new perl to avoid clashes with old junk.
>Mark Murray

Gee and I thought that the site_perl dir existed for the purpose
of not having this hassle. Couldnt it have the site_perl dir at the end of
@INC search path? I am glad I found out abut this "feature" before
trying the port on my new machines.

There are 48 ports in the port tree that install their perl support
files in the perl5/site_perl directory. Currently I assume they are all
broken.

-David Langford